UVIS (Universal Veterinary Information System) is the system serving as the Hospital Information System (HIS) for the VMTH and the Lab Information Management system (LIM) for the VMDL. If you have access to this system, your account is separate and distinct from other accounts you may use (including your PawPrint).
UVIS Password Change
After logging into UVIS, click on “Administration” and then “Change Password”. You will need to log out of UVIS by closing the UVIS program once you have changed your password. Then log back into UVIS to make sure that your new password is working correctly. UVIS passwords must be at least 5 characters long. They must start with a letter and may only contain letters and numbers.
Remote UVIS access for Windows:
- Install the AnyConnect VPN client.
- Download the UVIS Remote Desktop shortcuts and extract them to the desktop of your computer.
Using UVIS remotely:
- The VPN client must first be running.
- Double click on the UVIS Terminal Server icon on your desktop-Windows.
- Log in to the server by entering your full email address in the “username” field and your Pawprint password in the “password” field.
- Now you will need to log in to UVIS
- Enter your Pawprint ID (portion of your email address before the @ symbol)in the “username” field and your UVIS password in the “password” field.
- In the “database” field, type in the database you normally use.
- Click on “connect”
- Be sure to log off when you are done; don’t just close the Remote Desktop window.
UVIS access for Macs:
Mac access to UVIS uses the remote method, even from on campus…
- Download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop for MAC from the Mac App Store.
- Review the instructions for configuring the Remote Desktop Connection HERE
- If you are off-campus, start and log in to Cisco Anyconnect VPN
- Once you’ve closed the setup, you should have a connection defined that you can then use to connect to the remote desktop server where you should be able to log in to UVIS